We are proud to announce the Excellence In Innovation Awards 2011.
HIECs North West and NHS North West have teamed up to deliver an award in support of excellence in the adoption & diffusion of innovation, demonstrable outcomes against the QIPP agenda and regional QIPP work streams.
Excellence in Innovation Awards will contribute to securing a sustainable culture of healthcare improvements in the North West. They will promote partnership working that challenges traditional boundaries and forges joint working across health and social care, (for example, between the NHS and education providers, between primary and secondary care or across patient pathways).
Awards will be aligned with the aims of Health, Innovation and Education Clusters and NHS North West; delivering improvements in healthcare through the implementation and dissemination of innovation to the workforce through education and best practice.
Applications will need to demonstrate at least one of the following criteria:
- Demonstrable use of innovative outcomes in practice
- Introduction of new methods of workforce education
- Development of information material that promotes new working practices and dissemination, e.g. leaflets, booklets, posters, websites, seminars, workshops
- Engagement of staff and/or patients in design and implementation of processes and outcomes
- Evidence of the potential for practices to be sustainable & widely adopted
- Applications should demonstrate that their achievements have been proactive and geared towards: education; skilling people up to change practice; changing mindsets; sustainability
- Details of how the prize money could support further development and/or the dissemination / implementation of innovation.
Awards will be presented at a ceremony dinner at the Transferring Knowledge; Transforming Care event.
3 successful winners, (1 from each HIEC region) were awarded a prize package. Each prize package includes 1 full delegate place to Transferring Knowledge; Transforming Care, 1 place to the award ceremony dinner and a prize fund of £5000 for your organisation, team or partnership to continue the excellent work in innovation.
The winners were:-